Applications like the Google Docs app for iOS allow you to access documents. They also allow you to export a document, or make it available in another application.
- To export a Google Doc from your iPhone as a PDF or Word file:
- Open the Google Docs application
- Tap on the document that you wish to export.
- Then, tap on the three dot icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, tap “Share & export.”
- From the following window that opens, you can choose to add another user to the doc with “Share,” to make a copy of the document, or to copy a link to the doc on your clipboard. But, to create a PDF Word file, you’ll want to tap the option that says “Send a copy.”
- Once you tap that option, a popup window will appear asking you to choose between a PDF and a Word file (.docx). Choose the option you want by tapping on it, and make sure a blue checkmark appears next to the file type. Then tap “OK.”
- After tapping “OK,” a grey menu will appear from the bottom of your screen.
- From here you can AirDrop the file by tapping on an available user in that section. You can also attach it to an email, import it to iBooks (if it’s a PDF), or add it to iCloud Drive.
If you choose the email option, the file will appear as an attachment in a blank email in the Apple Mail app. Simply add a recipient and a message, and hit send.
Please follow and like us: